With an overwhelming response to our first Recipe Competition it was so incredibly difficult to pick a winner. We had recipes for the face, the body and the home! It was wonderful to witness such creativity & enthusiasm for naturally made solutions 🍃.
But, we had to pick just one. This months winner is Myleigh from @thecleanlivingclinic with a super easy dishwashing liquid that is safe for the family and smells delightful.
She says: "This is one of my favourite recipes as it took me years to create a recipe that really worked. It was a lot of failing, a lot of creating and researching to fine tune this recipe and I absolutely love it!! Not only is it quick, easy and affordable it WORKS!!"
You will need;
• Glass pump bottle
• Wooden spoon
• ½ cup liquid Castile soap
• 1 ½ cup distilled water
• 2 Tbsp Washing Soda
• ½ Tbsp Vegetable Glycerine
• 20 drops 100% pure lime essential oil
• 8 drops 100% lemon pure essential oil
• 4 drops 100% pure orange essential oil
1. Add castile soap and washing soda to saucepan on medium heat
2. Stir until washing soda has dissolved
3. Slowly add water while stirring
4. Continue to stir gently until liquid thickens and becomes a little clearer
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
6. Stir in Glycerine
7. Allow to sit for 24 hours to continue thickening
8. Slowly stir and add essential oil
9. Transfer to bottle Use: Pump into warm water and wash up as normal. For extra greasy pans, add a sprinkle of washing soda and a pump of liquid. Scrub and rinse, then wash as normal. Hope you love the recipe as much as me!!"
We hope everyone enters for our next recipe comp. Entries are open now and close on the 29th of May at 11:59PM. Email or DM us your recipes including your name, contact number, email address, photo and explanation of why you love it or why you made it to go in the running for a $50 voucher. Share the recipe love!